1. Many policies and regulations about immigration have been recently liberalized.
2. Australians like authenticity and dislike pretense.
3. They enjoy indulging in light hearted humor to break the ice.
4. Australians are practical people who prefer pragmatism to conceptual blocks of ideas.
5. Australians are blunt, open and casual in approach.
6. One needs to be prompt, attentive and direct with them as they are so themselves.
7. Australians prefer fair play in terms of disputes. Therefore, being open minded is the key approach to mingle with them.
8. Sports is always an interesting ground for conversation.
9. One should not be demotivated with the long distance one needs to travel to reach the country. It generally involves a jet lag.